Interested In This Service? Call us on 0117 972 5788Trust Integrity Guardianship Expertise Reliability Get In Touch
We provide off-site document management solutions to maintain the chain of custody.
RSWeb provides you with secure real-time web access directly to your database 24/7, 365 days a year giving you a powerful and convenient new way to manage your document records and place orders. Even though the document management solutions storage is off-site at our facility, you have control over your files and document management solutions. You can initiate requests for service and accomplish many basic account management tasks such as data entry resulting in fewer errors and faster service.
If you need to visit our premises to view your off-site documents, we can have the files ready for you in our reading room with 4 hours notice.
Self-store units and document management solutions storage in the basement of your business premises may be tempting - but as a specialist document storage facility, File Centre offers a better way than self-storage for archiving business records.
The disadvantages of renting a self-store unit:
- sending staff offsite to a self-store unit interferes with day-to-day duties - but with File Centre, there is no employee time away from the desk and no chance of employee sabotage;
- hiring a van or loading boxes into your car to get them to the self-store and unloading them is time-consuming - File Centre handles all of this;
- rummaging around looking for boxes and files at the self-store facility wastes time - whereas, at File Centre, your boxes and folders are barcoded, tracked and retrievable;
- renting space to fill later is uneconomic - but with File Centre, you only pay per box;
- if your staff are carrying boxes they should have manual handling training - but the File Centre staff are provided with training and supplied with the appropriate equipment to deal with box collections and deliveries, leaving you with no Health & Safety concerns;
- self-store units have general access - but with File Centre, there is no public access, it is a secure facility, maintaining confidentiality and an established chain of custody.
The disadvantages of storing boxes in the basement:
- even if you invest in racking, boxes can end up dirty and disorganised - but at File Centre, they are clean, dry and traceable;
- there is a risk of floods damaging your documents - but File Centre's location is not in an area susceptible to flood, and materials stored are not near plumbing pipes;
- security may be a problem - but File Centre storage facilities offer a clean, dry, and secure environment in which to store your boxes.
Box and File Document Management Solutions Storage
File Centre offers a cost-effective, efficient, controlled record off-site document management and document management solutions service, using portable data terminals (PDTs) throughout to ensure verification and accuracy. What we offer can be tailored to your particular needs. You might need regular access or occasional recall or rarely need access.
We don’t look inside the boxes, we track complete boxes and not the contents. When requested, we deliver the whole box, which for some customers is appropriate. However, there is the risk of other people in the office ‘borrowing’ from the box while it is on site and a file going astray. We do not have a minimum order level: required deliveries are on an individual box basis.
The document box is barcoded and so are some or all of the files inside. If the file is self-contained, we can deliver it to your premises and return it to the same place later while the box stays in storage. You may only need access to one file - so why have the whole box?
The tracking of a file is complete in that we can tell you who within your office last requested and returned a file, with associated dates and times. Once the title has been barcoded, a full history of movement is recorded. Recall may be by file number or box number/file title or by the inventory service if used. There are two options:
- 1 - All files barcoded: with this option we automatically create an accurate inventory at the time of submission, with recall by file number or title.
- 2 - Some files barcoded: with this option, files within a box are only barcoded when recalled. This means that the contents of a storage box are only verified when a request is made and the inventory is built up over time, but there are cost-savings in the long run as a file which is never accessed never gets barcoded.
Involves boxes being held with rare or no access required. This is often suitable for a client for whom we have arranged an imaging service and they only require the archive box when a physical document is required rather than a scanned image. Other clients require archives to be kept for legal reasons but rarely need access.